2021 Honda Marine BF150 X Type
For Great Lakes or small fishing holes, only one name will do.
When you’re chasing horizons, you want an outboard that delivers optimum performance and peace of mind. Which is why you want the Honda BF135 and BF150. These engines created the benchmark for a new generation of marine engine technology, and they’re the choice of center console, catamaran, pontoon, and bay boat owners across the country.
Both motors feature advanced Dual Overhead Cam, in-line four-cylinder architecture, a benefit from decades of Honda automotive and racing experience. Racing experience means more horsepower and instant throttle response. Honda’s exclusive Dual-Stage Induction delivers top performance at every rpm range. And Lean Burn Control automatically adjusts the air-fuel mix to maximize power and fuel efficiency.
All of which makes it clear: when it comes to boating, nothing beats the fuel efficiency and precision standards of Honda.
Features may include:
Reliable, Efficient 4-Stroke Design
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
Legendary Quality Based on Honda Accord and CRV
- By sharing many components with the Honda Accord, and CRV automobiles, the BF135 and BF150 gain years of proven Honda engineering and reliability.
VTEC® - Smooth acceleration and power (150hp)
- Featured on the BF150, Honda’s Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) system provides power where and when you need it. VTEC gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel economy. VTEC is the modern replacement for displacement.
Dual Stage Induction - Breathing easier improves performance
- Honda’s unique variable intake system optimizes air flow to match the engine’s speed. The result? Maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency
- Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 20% less fuel* than others in its class.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) - Powerful performance
- Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
Dual Overhead CAM (DOHC) - High horsepower, low maintenance
- A powerful, compact 24-valve DOHC design creates more valve lift to pull in more air for increased horsepower. Low-maintenance design allows easy adjustment of the rocker arms. No multiple shims or trial-and-error adjusting needed.
NMEA 2000 - On-board connectivity
- NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
True 5 Warranty
- Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
Superior Battery Charging - More usable power
- Honda's proven "on demand" 51 amp belt-driven alternator reduces heat buildup and provides superior battery charging capability - 30 amps at 1000 RPM and 40+ amps above 2000 RPM.