2021 Honda Marine BF40 L Type
Ready to take you to great places. Like the head of the class.
The BF40 and BF50 are an outstanding combination of Honda’s legendary four-stroke engineering and our latest outboard innovations. The result? The lightest, most compact engines in their class. And because they are from Honda, they’re loaded with the unparalleled features and technology you want.
Like BLAST (Boosted Low Speed Torque). It’s activated by a quick movement of the throttle for vastly improved hole shots.
Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection, for easy starts, instant throttle response, slower trolling speeds, and overall better fuel economy.
Lean Burn Control stretches your gas even further by allowing a leaner air-to-fuel mixture.
Put it all together, and you’ll l find that the BF40 and BF50 aren’t just at the head of the class. They’re in a class by themselves, redefining mid-range four-stroke performance.
Features may include:
Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
Meets NMEA 2000 standards - on-board connectivity
- NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be displayed on NMEA 2000 compliant dashboard electronics, like sonar and GPS.
Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency
- Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on as much as 20% less fuel* than others in its class.
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
- Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
Programmed Fuel Injection - Powerful performance
- Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
Superior Battery Charging - More usable power
- There's always plenty of electric power with the 40 and 50hp. Honda’s innovative technology enables these engines to put out nearly twice as many charging amps as the competition’s.
High Performance Gearcase - gets you going faster
- Designed to get you going faster, the BF40 and 50's gearcase reduces drag, greatly reduces hull porpoise and minimizes spray, thus increasing acceleration and top speed.
- A longer anti-ventilation plate helps trap water flowing to the propeller to minimize porpoising
- A streamlined front and longer bullet reduce drag for enhanced acceleration and fuel efficiencyA front splash plate reduces spray from the hull bottom, maintaining a dry deck above.
3 Position Tiller Handle - comfortable and easy to use
- Adjusts to a comfortable angle for easiest hull manueverability.