2021 Honda Marine BF225 X Type
Making The Best Even Better.
We’ve redesigned our flagship BF250, BF225, and BF200 models inside and out, adding features, updates and improvements that make these acclaimed V6 outboards better than ever. From easier maintenance to tougher corrosion resistance, the new BF250, BF225, and BF200 outboards take legendary Honda performance into new waters.
The BF200, BF225, and BF250 feature Honda’s exclusive Intelligent Shift and Throttle, or iST. iST provides all the features boaters are looking for, including:
Features may include:
- Allows for up to 4 engines and 2 control stations
- Fine tuning of throttle settings at any speed
- Enhanced docking and slow speed control
- User-programmable system defaults
- Simple, easy to understand user interface
Aerodynamic design, real world benefits
- The redesigned BF200, 225, and 250 feature the sleek styling of our Progressive V Form design. This new, aerodynamic exterior increases engine cover durability, improves safeguards that help prevent water from entering the engine, and helps protect against paint chipping and scraping.
Superb control and easy installation: iST Intelligent Shift and Throttle
- Honda's exclusive Intelligent Shift and Throttle (iST) command and control system delivers superb control plus plug-and-play installation of Honda Marine products and third-party controls and devices, such as the Optimus 360 Joystick. iST offers multi-engine applications, with fine tuning of throttle settings at any speed, enhanced docking and slow speed control, and a simple, easy to understand user interface. nly. Available on select BF200, 225, and 250 models.
- Common maintenance items have been redesigned or repositioned. Improvements such as a larger diameter dipstick tube, integration of a water separator and fuel strainer, and the relocation of the high-pressure filter (from the high-pressure pump) for easier access reduce maintenance time for routine tasks like oil and filter changes. And easier maintenance means more time on the water.
Tougher corrosion resistance
- Components such as the oil pan, thermostat cover, upper mount cover, water pump housing, timing belt tensioner base, water jacket cover, and prop shaft holder now use a higher corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy, resulting in a more durable engine and gear case. Bolts and brackets are treated with a new HI-M coating that delivers improved surface finishing and superior corrosion resistance. The number of anodes on each engine block has been doubled, from two to four, for longer anode life and improved corrosion protection.
3 latch lock & seal cover
- The three-latch lock and seal system and two inverted grip points make the cover easy to remove and carry, simplifying maintenance access. The streamlined, simplified undercase includes a heavy protective rubber edge that further protects against the elements, boosting durability.
Dual channel, indirect-air-circuit induction system
- The new cowling incorporates a dual channel, indirect-air-circuit induction system that improves airflow, enhancing performance while helping funnel moisture away from the throttle body.
- Boaters who prefer traditional controls will take a purist’s pleasure in Honda’s smooth operating mechanical command and control system. Its reliable design delivers the responsiveness and feel traditionalists love. Our mechanical control supports up to two engines and a single-helm location as well as a side-mount configuration.